Today, fellow PRO Partner and recent addition to the Creative Community, Kaylyn of Pirouette Paper, is bringing the PRO community something super special! If you’re looking for a guide to perfecting styling, Kaylyn has teamed up with us to offer you an exclusive promo code for you, for a limited time! Keep reading to learn more…
The Invitation Styling Guide
Hi Artisaire Community! I’m Kaylyn, owner of Pirouette Paper, and I am a calligrapher, stationer and designer working from wine country in Napa, CA. I am so excited to be here to introduce my newest educational resource: the Invitation Styling Guide This 60+ page digital e-book is filled with insight, resources, professional tips, and direct links to recommendations, all about invitation styling!
Meet the Authors!
Since styling is such a collaborative effort, I knew I couldn’t write this book alone. Here’s some more insight into the brilliance behind my co-authors:
The Photography Expert: After receiving countless jaw-dropping image galleries from Shauntelle of Sposto Photography, I knew she was the perfect talent to be our photography expert! Shauntelle has over 16 years of experience in this industry, is consistently featured in some of the biggest publications, and creates some of the most impressively styled images, all filled with purpose and intention.
The Planning Expert: Alongside her is a fountain of knowledge and experience in the wedding industry, Heather of Amorology! Heather is well-known for her stunningly styled weddings and is especially thoughtful when creating dream events for her clients. Her innovative design and styling makes her a creative pioneer in the wedding industry and she is a powerhouse when it comes to knowing why details matter.
The Floral Expert: We couldn’t talk about detail without Sarah Wahhab of Mulberry & Moss! I know how to style paper, but something that always discouraged me from taking the reins on styling my own work was not really knowing or understanding florals. Sarah is so knowledgeable, encouraging and talented; she makes me confident in knowing how to style with blooms, greenery or naturally foraged elements.
What is the Invitation Styling Guide?
All too often, there is a disconnect between vendors about styling. We want our audience to recognize that styling is a team collaboration and to understand how to most effectively honor their role in the process. Many vendors, such as stationers, that rely on wedding galleries to build their portfolio are disappointed in galleries they receive back because they may not have any images of their work, or they may not be representative of what it looked like. By looking at the entire wedding day from the perspective of each vendor and defining their role in the final product (the end gallery), they will be able to best participate accordingly.
Along with this, we want to educate our audience on how to think beyond the board by bringing more than just beauty to the surface. There is a purpose for each piece of that invitation suite, and there should be a purpose for each item in that flat-lay. We teach you how to think in this mindful mindset and utilize it to create more powerful imagery that, in turn, adds value to your services and brings a connective element to your own audience and potential clients.
What Does the Guide Cover?
We answer many questions in this book, including:
- How can I create a beautiful and meaningful flatlay?
- Whose job is it to style on a wedding day?
- How can I take good images of my own work if I don’t own a camera?
- What are the steps to creating a flatlay?
- What supplies do I need?
- How do I create a balanced image?
- How do I get florals to work with and how do I arrange them?
- How can I overcome some of the most challenging styling problems?
Some of my personal favorite topics that we we cover are:
- Invitations and paper basics, of course! I wanted to include this with breakdowns of each piece and what they mean so other vendors can educate themselves and understand the purpose of the suite.
- What to include in a “photographer’s copy” of the invitation suite and how doing this will increase the chances of getting great images back.
- What should be included in your digital mockups to prepare the other vendors for styling the suite.
- The styling kit materials – so many incredible resources!!
- The smartphone section! Super useful for anyone who doesn’t have a professional camera to style with, but Shauntelle also gives advice on the best cameras to start with if you decide to get one!
- How to add florals to a flatlay: the section that intimated me at first, but after learning from Sarah, I say “bring on the blooms!”
How to Order
You can order the Invitation Styling Guide here, available for download on Wednesday, October 14th. Use the code ARTISAIRE at checkout for $30 off!
In addition to the ebook, you can also join the ISG Facebook Group! Shauntelle and I will be available for additional information and support, to answer questions and to have fun teaching and learning about styling. Link is available inside the book, along with some other exclusive offers from our wonderful sponsors.
Thank you, Kaylyn!
A huge thank you to Kaylyn for sharing a little bit about what the Invitation Styling Guide is all about and for sharing a $30 discount code with the PRO community! Ready to claim your discount and shop the guide? Click here!
The ARTISAIRE PRO Team